NITROUS EXPRESS 16008 MAXIMIZER 5 PROGRESSIVE CONTROLLER
The Nitrous Express 16008 Maximizer 5 Progressive Controller is the ultimate controller for safely pushing the limits while protecting your engine from damage. The Maximizer 5 Progressive Nitrous Contoller operates up to four separate stages of nitrous based on either time, RPM, MPH, throttle percentage, or boost pressure.
The Max 5 monitors throttle percentage, engine rpms, nitrous PSI, boost or pan vacuum as well as 3 other user defined sensors to ensure that your engine is in the correct state to accept nitrous. If the Max 5 detects any condition that is outside the safe range, the Max 5 will shut down or pull back nitrous flow to protect your engine from damage.
Display & Programming Options:
The Max 5 is normally setup and tuned via a simple to use windows based laptop program. An optional 4 inch touch screen display (part # 16008S) can be connected to view and adjust common tuning parameters on the fly without the need for a laptop (touch screen sold separately).
The Max 5 automatically data logs all inputs (including 3 user defined inputs) so you can review important data for multiple previous runs. The Max 5 includes enough internal memory to store over 100 quarter mile runs before you need to save them to a laptop.
The Max 5 includes internal drivers for stage one and stage two that handle 70 amps each or 140 amps in single stage mode. Stages 3 and 4 require external drivers which are available separately.
The Max 5 has multiple progression options to cover a variety of applications.
- Time Based: Great for drag racers and starting from a dead stop. This option is easy to fine-tune and allows you to leave soft enough to eliminate wheel spin, and increases power smoothly as you go down the track, and traction increases.
- RPM Based: Great for vehicles that have traction to handle full nitrous power at the top of first gear. Add a little nitrous in the lower engine RPM's and ramp into full nitrous as the RPM increases. Since nitrous is limited to a small amount at low RPM's you can safely activate at lower RPM to help pull the care out of the hole.
- MPH (Miles Per Hour): Great for racers from a dead stop or a roll, this will limit nitrous to a smaller boost at low speeds where traction is limited, while providing a large boost at higher speeds. Great for bracket racers and consistency.
- Throttle Percentage Progression: This let's you "pedal" the car in the event of wheel spin. Nitrous smoothly increases and decreases as you "work" the throttle. This lets you regain traction and continue racing. Great for road race, and drifting. Also beneficial to street cars because you can introduce a small amount of nitrous at mid-throttle while transitioning to full nitrous power as you throttle to the floor. It's like driving a vehicle with twice the cubic inches.
- Boost Based Progression: Great for turbo diesels, Boost progression allows nitrous to come on strong to eliminate turbo lag. The nitrous then ramps up smoothly to let the turbo do its thing. The end result is monster power, with zero lag, even with a huge turbo. On diesel specific applications, it will not allow full nitrous delivery until the engine starts to build adequate boost, preventing a nitrous engine stall.
- EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) Progression: Nitrous lowers egt's in a diesel. This is useful for diesel applications that don't want nitrous all the time, but want the EGT lowering properties that it provides. EGT Progression allows you to create a safety ramp which will add nitrous if EGT's rise to unsafe limits. Works with all EGT modules that have a 0v-5v output signal.
- AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) Compensation & Protection: Monitors AFR from aftermarket wideband O2 module and adjusts fuel and nitrous solenoid output to achieve desired AFR. As pressure drops, Maximizer 5 will adjust solenoid output to maintain consistent and safe AFR.
- Provides Maximum Nitrous Control
- Multiple Settings For All Applications
- Works With Hand Held Touch Screen (Sold Separately)